Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lyra



Lyra was feeling better, much better, moving out, getting ridden by Erica, my 5'4" twin sister, I'm 5'10" by the way and look a bit over sized for her. Erica though looks fabulous on Lyra, I think they make a lovely pair, I couldn't be happier watching the two of them, not to mention Erica has natural balance and is a very gentle, graceful, considerate rider, which is always nice to see on one of my horses in particular. Then I went ahead and trimmed Lyra's left hind too short and she's all gimpy and I feel absolutely terrible. That said, I have to say, about Lyra, she is stoic. I could not have asked for a more level headed, even tempered, good natured mare. This point is particularly poignant in that Epona, now being in much better shape, only ever wants to be bred and is having a terrible time being reasonable about anything else. I almost feel badly for Epona, however I have a pulled sternum from getting rodeoed off her a few days ago which makes me a little less sympathetic.

No comments: